Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute were established by Sri Ramachandra Educational and Health Trust in the year 1985 and its one of the top health sciences universities in India. In 1994, the Institute declared as a Deemed to be University based on its academic excellence. SRMC has qualified faculty with vast experience in their respective field over the strength of 750 and touches the lives of over 3500 patients each day along with the students.
The University got many notable accreditations, recognition, and awards for excellence in medical education, health care, and research. Moreover, the this Deemed University has obtained 10th position among all medical colleges in India and reached 3.62 CGPA on a 4-point scale with “A” Grade which has awarded to a private medical University in India. SRMC (Deemed to be University) has Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Occupational Health which is designated by the WHO (World Health Organization). It was the only Non-Government institution has accredited by The Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) to set Biodosimetry lab of the Department of Human Genetics for assessment of personnel radiation exposure and related studies. The Public Health Department Faculty got the distinction of being recognized by the ICMR as an “SRU-ICMR Centre for Advanced Research on Air Quality, Climate and Health”
|Total MBBS Seats:||250|
|Tuition Fees:||Rs 22,00,000 & for NRI USD44000|
|Hostel Fees:||Rs 200000 per Annum|
|AIQ Rellocation Fees:||Rs 17000|
|Affiliated To:||Sri Ramachandra University Chennai, Tamilnadu.|
|All India Ranking:||22|
|TamilNadu State Ranking:|
|Recognition and Listing:||Medical Council of India(MCI), World Health Organisation(WHO)|
|Affiliated Hospital:||Sri Ramachandra Hospital|
|Average Daily Out-Patients:||5000|
|Total Beds Available:||1800|
|Post Graduate Courses :||23|
|SuperSpecialty Courses :||22|
|Other Names:||Sri Ramachandra Medical College, SRMC Chennai, Sri Ramachandra University, Porur Sri Ramachandra Medical college, Ramachandra Medical College Chennai, Deemed Sri Ramachandra Medical College Porur Chennai, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, SRIHER Chennai, SRMC & RI (DU) Chennai.|
|Address:||Sri Ramachandra Medical College, No.1, Ramachandra Nagar, Porur, Sri Ramachandra Nagar, Porur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600116.|
The MBBS course is a four and a half year period followed by a one year compulsory rotating residential internship. The lasting 12-month internship includes short courses in community health, medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, child health, orthopedics, emergency medicine and various specialties. All these are according to the guidelines of the Medical Council of India. Admission to the MBBS program is based on the candidate marks obtained in the NEET-UG rank held by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute offers Undergraduate Medical (MBBS) programme and it’s not only the criteria laid down by the Medical Council of India but includes the nuances of education as practiced in Harvard Medical School. SRMC has total of 250 Seats out of which 212 seats for (General) Management and 38 seats for NRI (Non-Resident Indian).
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
Eligibility: 17 years of age or above as on 31-Dec of the admission year. The maximum age limit to Study MBBS course is 25 years. All Higher Secondary School Students with 10+2 in science stream including biology or biotechnology along with Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible(In case of SC/ST, 40% in board exams; 45% for OBC Category) to study Medical Course.
Admission Procedure: It is compulsory for medical enthusiasts to appear for the National Eligibility and Entrance Examination (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) after 12th grade who wish to get MBBS admission. All the Government, Private, Central and Deemed Universities will be based on NEET scores and the seats for all colleges / institutions / universities will be offered through counselling based on the eligibility Score/Rank, Preferences of colleges and seats available.
Admission to Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute is done through All India Quota Counselling as Management Quota 85% and balance 15% for NRI Students filled by College Management.
All India Quota(AIQ) for Management Seats & Rank
Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute has a total of 100 Seats are filled under All India Quota Counselling as Management Quota for 85%, and remaining 15% for NRI Students and the seat Matrix are (2020): Management-214 & NRI-36
NEET 2020 Sri Ramachandra Medical College All India Quota Rank for Mgmt and NRI Quota as shown below:
TamilNadu State Quota Seats & Cutoff
Sri Ramachandra Medical College has a total of 100% Seats filled under All India Quota and Please refer AIQ for Management Seats & Rank as above.