Pravara Institute Of Medical Sciences University was established by Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India on 29th September 2003 under the section 3 of University Grants Commission Act 1956.
- The mother organization of this university, The Pravara Medical Trust was founded in the 1972 in a small village called Loni in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra State in India.
- The trust was established by the founder of the co-operative movement in India Dr. VitthalraoVikhepatil.
- In the year 1976 Pravara Medical Trust started providing medical care in the primary and secondary level. It also established a hospital with 100 beds.
- As days passed, the hospital grew up from 100 beds to 800 beds with multi disciplinary facilities.
- Now this university has taken a respectable in the society.
- Rural Medical College and Hospital
- College of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Center
- Rural Dental College and Hospital
- College of Nursing
- Center for Biotechnology
- Center for Social Medichine
- Bio Science Management School at Sinnar
- Social Medicine
- Bio Technology
- Bio Science Management
- Drama Club
- Dance Club
- Music Club
- Sports and Adventure Club
- Hostel service is available for both undergraduate and post graduate students.
- Boys and girls hostel is different.
- The hostels are equipped in international styles including indoor sports, modern communication and multi gym facilities for the students.
- The rooms are very much comfortable and perfect for studying.
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences Admission 2020: Cut Off, Merit List
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) was established on 29th September, 2003 by Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development. The university has six colleges affiliated under its belt.
The university offers several courses at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research level to the students who want to pursue their career in the field Medical Science.
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences offers offline mode of application for all the courses.
- Selection to UG programs is done on the basis of PIMS-AICET-ASUG conducted by the university.
- For MBBS and BDS, candidates are also selected on the basis of NEET UG entrance examination.
- Admission to PG programs is done on the basis of PIMS-AICET-ASPG conducted by the university.
- For MD, MS and MDS, candidates are also selected on the basis of NEET PG and NEET MDS entrance examination respectively.
- For Ph.D., candidates have to appear for Ph.D. Entrance Examination (AIPET-PIMS).
Pravara Institute Of Medical Sciences MBBS And BDS Admission 2021
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) offers MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Science) degree to aspiring candidates for which the duration is 4.5 years and 5 years respectively. The MBBS degree also includes an internship programme of one year.
In order to seek admission in MBBS and BDS, candidates needs to appear for NEET UG entrance examination. Minimum eligibility for MBBS and BDS is pass in 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and minimum 50% marks in PCB subjects.
Admission is also done on the basis of AICET entrance examination conducted by the university. Minimum required marks for general category is 50%, while for Backward classes, candidate must obtain minimum 40% marks.
|Course Name||Seats||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|MBBS||200||Candidate belonging to general category must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) examination.||NEET UG|
Note: Candidate belonging to backward classes must have obtained a minimum 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) examination.